Overtime: Apr 15 – 21
More stories below from this week (click on bolded words for more information):
- Witnessing the catastrophic fire of Notre-Dame.
- How should France rebuild Notre Dame?
- The cultural battle over the meaning of the Notre Dame fire.
- Can ‘Assassin’s Creed’ help rebuild Notre Dame?
- The 7 of the most precious relics that survived the blaze at Notre Dame.
- What sold at this years Dallas Art Fair.
- Is the photography market sleepy or just getting started?
- Phillips auction house could reset Mark Bradford record again.
- Why Jeff Koons’s “Rabbit” could sell for up to $70 million.
- Keith Haring's last print to be sold at upcoming Phillips New York auction.
- How this enormous Keith Haring mural was saved from destruction.
- Why it’s difficult to track the changing values of artworks.
- LACMA’s high-stakes Collectors Committee event raises $2.4 million, acquires 8 works.
- Iranian sculptor Monir Shahroudy Farmanfarmaian, dead at 97.
- Benon Lutaaya, maker of contemplative collages, has died.
- Artist Molly Crabapple collaborates with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to imagine a greener future.
- Stony Island Arts Bank in Chicago stages Rob Pruitt Obama paintings exhibition.
- Guggenheim’s Hilma af Klint survey is most popular show in its history.
- A show in Vienna seeks to highlight the female artists of Austria’s golden age.
- ‘Time 100’ list includes artists David Hockney and Luchita Hurtado.
- 'Mr. Dob' Takashi Murakami's most famous character explained.
- The rise and fall of internet art communities.
- Get lost in the strange, dizzying websites of these contemporary artists.
- Spencer Tunick is looking for an army of nude models in NY to help him fight censorship.
- Art history 101—an overview from Impressionism to Fluxus.
- This open source software could make museum websites more accessible.
- What can Max Ernst’s secret symbols tell us about Surrealism?
- Lucian Freud’s obsession with skin inspired powerful nude portraits.
- Understanding Renaissance master Raphael through 5 key artworks.
- Robert Lazzarini installs giant wave-distorted fence sculpture at The Hole NYC.
- These Smithsonian archival photos show famous artists with their cats.
- Understanding 11 great artists through the instructions they left behind.
- The romantic gestures of 7 famous artist couples.
- These 13,000-pound concrete blocks can be moved with one hand.
- The erotic topologies of Zilia Sánchez paintings.
- Through the lens of photographer Lydia Whitmore.
- How Sheila Hicks changed the way we think about sculpture.
- Aliza Nisenbaum's new commission and the politics of paying attention.
- What’s behind the French National Assembly’s racist mural?
- Kent Monkman takes on the colonial art space.
- Artadia’s 2019 New York Awards go to Hadi Fallahpisheh and Devin N. Morris.
- Art-world socialite Miroslava Duma recently named in the Mueller Report.
- V&A defends plan to exhibit Kevin Spacey portrait.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.