Overtime: Apr 22 – 28
More stories below from this week (click on bolded words for more information):
- What to see at this year’s Venice Biennale.
- What to expect from the Italian Pavilion of the 58th Venice Biennale.
- 15 must-see exhibitions in Venice during the Biennale.
- Meet Augustas Serapinas, the youngest artist in the Venice Biennale.
- Why this Claude Monet haystack could sell for over $55 million.
- Lee Krasner painting could break artist record at Sotheby’s.
- Louise Bourgeois ‘Spider’, estimated at $25 - $35 million, could set new record for women artists.
- PODCAST: Then and now with Paula Cooper Gallery.
- PODCAST: How did Salvator Mundi go from $1,000 to $450m? Plus, the tragedy of Van Gogh's only love.
- NADA to launch a new fair in Chicago this fall.
- Frieze LA art fair will return to Paramount Studios in 2020.
- This NY art dealer is taking a gamble on a move to Washington, D.C.
- Dealer Dominique Lévy breaks down 5 myths about Warhol’s market.
- Jack Shainman Gallery to host a show of collaborative works by Warhol & Basquiat in June.
- The Journal Gallery moves to Tribeca and launches new online sales platform called Tennis Elbow.
- Mana Contemporary launches 'Decentralized' platform for artists to sell work directly to collectors.
- Takashi Murakami splits with Blum & Poe, his longtime gallery that made him famous.
- Plan for Banksy art gallery in Port Talbot may be under threat.
- New Banksy mural appears in support of Extinction Rebellion protest in London.
- Frieze sculpture finally makes its way stateside at Rockefeller Center.
- MoMA’s long-awaited Donald Judd retrospective set for March 2020.
- Natural History Museums of LA County will present SeglasCano’s Serpentine Pavilion at La Brea Tar Pits.
- An epic mirrored entrance by Olafur Eliasson planned $160 million expansion of the Albright-Knox.
- LACMA's building plan has become a lightning rod for the debate over what 21st-century museums should be.
- New York City is launching its own Green New Deal prompting museums to get up to code.
- Art-world scammer Anna Delvey is found guilty and now faces prison and deportation.
- 10 major museum scandals sparked by trustees and directors.
- Hiring in the arts industry has plummeted 13.7 % in the past year.
- From J-Law to Meryl, stars are embracing the art boy.
- Sex Pistols legend Johnny Rotten on the art of punk-rock posters.
- Inside Kehinde Wiley’s vibrant new artist residency in Senegal.
- Watch artist Glenn Ligon translate Gertrude Stein’s writings into works of art.
- Artist Guido van der Werve pushes his body to the limit.
- 70 cute baby bears by artist Paola Pivi are messin’ around in Perrotin Gallery.
- The new Gretchen Bender survey is a triumph, revealing a visionary artist.
- Who should play the pioneering artists in Amazon’s new TV show ‘Ninth Street Women’?
- Ronny Quevedo interviewed by Louis Bury.
- Anna Sew Hoy interviewed by William J. Simmons.
- Celebrity photographer Benedict Evans shares how to take better portraits.
- Alfred Stieglitz’s sensual photographs of Georgia O’Keeffe reveal her vulnerability.
- Edvard Munch largest exhibition of prints in 45 years at the British Museum.
- The Three Graces have inspired centuries of artists, from Botticelli to Picasso.
- Man fined for scavenging sketches from Gerhard Richter’s trash.
- Revisiting Maurizio Cattelan’s sculpture of the Pope struck by a meteorite
- Why Notre-Dame should be faithfully rebuilt.
- Searching for truth in Rembrandt’s myths.
- How to train your eyes to see like an artist.
- What you need to know about collecting VR art.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.