Overtime: Dec 24 – 30
More stories below from this week (click on bolded words for more information):
- The unforgettable works of 15 artists who died in 2018.
- The Biennials coming up and not to miss in 2019.
- The 15 biggest art historical discoveries of 2018.
- Here are 16 other amazing discoveries of 2018.
- The museum openings you won't want to miss in 2019.
The 20 most expensive artworks sold at auction in 2018.
- Will the art market comes to its senses in 2019?
- An artist’s guide to the best in Berlin, Basel and beyond in 2018.
- Here are 6 big ideas that gripped the art world in 2018.
- What youth culture looked like in 2018.
- The creation and interpretation of art remains an anchor and a refuge in 2018.
- The 12 biggest controversies what rocked the art world in 2018.
- Here are the 10 most memorable news photographs of 2018.
- 7 gripping art documentaries and movies to stream over the holidays.
- Bridges, skyscrapers and conservation battles—the year ahead in architecture.
- Jerry Saltz comes alive for this special live recording from Washington, D.C.
- Government shutdown may force Smithsonian Museums to close starting Jan 2.
- Tributes for the art historian Sister Wendy Beckett who has died, aged 88.
A brief history of art dealing.
- “Sophisticated” art collectors are facing less sympathetic courts.
- Black cinema pioneer Arthur Jafa’s new film dissects the problems of “whiteness”.
- Watch artist Eddie Martinez wrestle his way to a new painting.
The pre-Raphaelites’ muse, leading light, and sacrificial lamb.
- Louise Bourgeois’s Spider crawls across Brazil.
- Fashion designer Simone Rocha reflects on the work of Louise Bourgeois.
- 200 years before Kusama’s Infinity Room, Jacques-Louis David invented the immersive installation.
- A look back at some of the most catastrophic selfie fails in recent memory.
- Artist Simon Beck travels the globe to create massive artworks in the snow.
- Anne Brigman, a pioneering photographer of nude self-portraits.
- Overlooked sculptor Elisabeth Frink's legacy reexamined in extensive UK survey.
- Experience Picasso ‘intuitively’ at Musée d’Orsay's Blue and Rose blockbuster.
- New York’s American Medium Gallery closes.
- Edward Burtynsky depicts our alien domain.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.