Overtime: June 3 – June 9
- Banksy's anti-Brexit message at the Royal Academy's annual Summer Exhibition (photo: David Parry).
- Cindy Sherman talks ahead of a major show in London at the National Portrait Gallery.
- A closer look at Kehinde Wiley's Black Rock, a luxurious residency program in Senegal.
- A review of the new Francis Bacon show at the Gagosian in London.
- Spencer Tunick creates nude installation in front of Facebook and Instagram's New York HQ. Did he appropriate the work of feminist artist Micol Hebron? Facebook will re-examine nudity policies.
- Urs Fischer's new exhibition at Deitch Projects features self-driving office chairs.
- A robot artist has racked up over $1.2m in sales.
- Land artist Andy Goldsworthy's "walking wall" at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City.
- Toshihiko Hosaka's colossal earthwork sculpture at sandy beach in Japan with environmental message.
- Both Bonhams and Sotheby’s have plans for auctions based on the Supreme brand.
- Textural installations by Shoplifter immerses visitors in furry neon caves.
- Richard Prince launches his own strain of marijuana.
- Parra and Case Studyo to debut Tomato Chair at VOLTA 2019 in Basel.
- Art duo Luftwerk recently opened a site-specific exhibition inside of the McCormick House.
- How do artists get into the Whitney Biennial?
- Rubell Museum in Miami to open in new 100,000-Square-Foot space in December.
- First poster museum in the US will open its doors in NYC.
- A recent study shows that artists in 18 major museums in the United States are 85% white and 87% male. And, if women outnumber men at art school - why do more men make it into galleries?
- Met expert believes $450m Salvator Mundi mostly painted by Leonardo da Vinci’s assistants.
- Monet hid water lilies beneath a lesser-known painting.
- Shows coming up on the 500th year anniversary of Raphael's death next year.
- Nuclear fallout can help identify art forgeries.
- The British Museum is hosting the largest exhibition dedicated to manga ever held outside Japan.
- Vancouver's art market sees an influx of Chinese cash.
- The secret showrooms of Art Basel for the super rich.
- How Annie Lennox amassed objects in her Mass MoCA Exhibition.
- An interview with David Shrigley ahead of his latest show in upstate New York.
- Gavin Brown’s Enterprise closes Lower Manhattan space.
- Pace to open museum sized flagship gallery in New York with new panoramic David Hockney drawing.
- Simone Leigh's sculpture anchors the final section of New York's High Line.
- How internships are changing the art world.
- What art did the Queen show Donald Trump?
- A look at Adrian Cheng’s new museum being built in Hong Kong.
- Ai Weiwei remembers Tiananmen Square. How the events changed Chinese contemporary artists.
- Alice Walton bought record-breaking $88.8m Rauschenberg at Christie’s.
- The Cleveland Museum studied how to best engage visitors in the age of Netflix.
- Olafur Eliasson teaming up with IKEA on a line of solar powered products.
- Jean-Michel Basquiat on how to be an artist.
- Madonna loses lawsuit against her former art advisor.
- Joel Silver dropped lawsuit against Gagosian after secret billionaire backer uncovered.
- Arist sues Frida Kahlo Corporation for right to sell dolls depicting famed surrealist.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.