Overtime: May 6 – May 19
- $91m sale of Rabbit once again makes Jeff Koons world's most expensive living artist.
- It's also costly to put on a Koons show - $1m price tag for one museum.
- $97m sale of Monet's sets record for Impressionist work at Sotheby's. While a $59m Cézanne sale leads Christie's auction.
- What does $89m sale of a prime Robert Rauschenberg at Christie’s mean for his long dormant market?
- Van Gogh's letter to thank art critic goes on view in Amsterdam.
- Catherine Opie and Cindy Sherman make a cameo appearance in Venice.
- One review of the 58th Venice Biennale.
- Roundup from artnet including their thoughts on 10 best pavilions.
- Swiss artist Christoph Büchel brings to Venice the shell of deadly boat that sank killing hundreds of migrants.
- Art Basel Miami adds section for monumental projects.
- Hyperallergic's initial thoughts and highlights from the Whitney Biennial.
- A photographic tour of the Whitney Biennial. Another look here.
- Belgian leather goods house Delvaux celebrates launch of a new partnership with the Magritte Foundation.
- KAWS profiled by New York Times will have showing at Brooklyn Museum in 2021.
- Futura launching a new show in Singapore soon.
- Anish Kapoor will become the second foreign artist to show in Beijing’s Forbidden City.
- Kapoor also unveils new paintings that evoke menstruation.
- 60 minutes profiles Mark Bradford.
- Kehinde Wiley talks about new show in Paris and the residency program he will be opening next month in Senegal.
- A look at how ancient artworks looked in their day compared to now.
- The taboo history of women's body hair in art.
- Complicating history between fashion and art.
- Inside the Statue of Liberty's new $100m museum.
- An update on the plans for restoration of Notre Dame.
- Head turning historical portraits by Ewa Juszkiewicz.
- Estate of late artist Robert Indiana is trying to halt reproduction of his works.
- Why so many artists have been drawn to New Mexico.
- How bloody if too bloody, when it comes to blood money for the arts.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York will no longer take money from Sackler family tied to America’s opioid crisis.
- Renowned architect I.M. Pei dies at age 102.
- The legacy of late Chinese photographer Ren Hang.
- Val Kilmer accused of ripping off artist with his golden tumbleweeds.
- Nelson Mandela’s sketch of his prison door sells for $100K+.
- Painting techniques of five famous artists.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.