I ran into one of my favorite styling clients yesterday at yoga and she reminded me that I had to gather some suggestions for spring clothing! So here are my spring 2010 essentials. I’ll do accessories and mens next Friday, but I wanted to pin-point the items that I’d get if only allowed a certain number of things in a wardrobe. Click HERE to see the larger version with links:
1) OUTERWEAR: The three musts: a classic trench, denim jacket and shrunken leather jacket. if you have extra cash a military style blazer and safari jacket/anorak would also suit you very well!
2) A striped bateau tee is a “for certain” purchase. With denim, tucked into a mini skirt or over a bikini on the beach, it’s a versatile classic.
3) Drapey cardigan– I love the way these look with skinny jeans, a great white tank and long necklace.
4) Slouchy tee/ one shouldered top– the one shown combined both trends, but you can separate them. Slouchy boyfriend size tee’s are comfy AND hip, and anything asymmetrical and one shouldered is hot.
5) Cargo pants– Cropped, rolled or long but in the color of the season- in army green. The new denim.
6) Floral dress– paired with the cropped leather jacket or denim coat it’s a play on tough/sweet. Also looks great with tights and booties right now!
7) Denim shirt– I can’t believe the chambray shirt is back, but it is and it’s BIG. Pair it with cargos, a print mini skirt or as a cover up at the beach.
8) Mini dress– Hemlines are incredibly short this season. But remember- the shorter, the looser it should be. Super short AND tight is too much. My rule- if you have to ask if you look too slutty, you do.
9) A “Go To” date top– I love this one- the slight tie dye print is a subtle take on the trend. Drapey but still hella sexy, this piece will be a staple. Would look great layered under a cardigan too for daytime!
10) Destroyed skinny jeans– I can’t quite do the super loose boyfriend jean look, so I prefer a beat up skinny jean.
11) Print mini skirt– killer with a loose denim shirt or slouchy oversize cropped tee/tank.
12) Tunic– I cannot stop wearing tunics, they are suck a happy essential for me. I’ve been eying this ikat one at Vivre for a year. I want it so badly!
13) Solid casual day dress– I adore this nude henley dress from Calypso. Top it off with a denim coat, strappy flat leather sandals and some long gold necklaces and you have a perfect daytime outfit.