Fashion Friday: Happy Sex and the City Movie Day!!!!
It’s here! It’s finally here! It’s like Christmas morning! I glanced to my pile of papers on my desk a few minutes ago and saw my Fandango print out of my 5:30 p.m. tickets and remembered, it’s today! My friend Jen and I plan on getting there an hour early to line up (all evening shows have been sold out for about week in Back Bay), and I plan on dressing up for this all important occasion! If you read my Huffington Post piece on the influence this series has on millions of women, including me, you know how absolutely thrilled I am to see them on the big screen! I can’t wait to see the fashion in the movie, it’s always so delicious! So here is a look back at some of the great fashion moments with our fave four!
Carrie was always the fashion plate- a risk taker who sometimes managed to wear things that made me say “really?”–like the belt over the bare belly below, but also some really creative pairings of patterns and textures that I would never be brave enough to wear!
1)From my favorite episode “I’m drunk. I’m drunk at Vooogguuueee“. Shorter hair debut.
2) Aidan. Oh Aidan. (uncontrollable sobbing).
3) Yikes. No.
1) The big flower season.
2) It was omnipresent. Yes, I bought one.
3) Patterns I would never put together- but it works on her!
1) The dress made of 1,000 layers of fabric. She slept in it, naturally.
2) Casual Carrie with the Evil Russian.
3) Channeling Jackie O.
1) Bringing plaid back with Mr. Winkle (how I LOVE Mr. Winkle!)
2) The Oscar de la Renta dress seen (and copied) around the world.
Charlotte was one of my favorites- her WASPy style holds a special place in my heart.
1) Classic Charlotte and her big skirts.
2) Country Club Redux. Whenever I see a Cavalier King Charles I call it an “Elizabeth Taylor”.
3) The LBD- A Charlotte staple.
Her best look ever- a sad day for Charlotte made brighter by this KILLER Jackie O ensemble.
Miranda began Sex and the City with a very unfortunate (and quite masculine) wardrobe and hair color and cut. By the last season, she was looking pretty fierce!
2) Miranda’s everyday corporate attorney wardrobe.
3) Miranda in her “skinny jeans” post Brady.
Ahhh, so much better! She win’s the “most improved” award!
And finally Samantha. I never liked her clothes-ever. They always seemed so 80’s- neon, shoulder pads, big jewelry (not in a good way). But they matched her bold, brash attitude and spoke of her view on life. Can’t wait to see if there is any improvement in the movie.
1 & 2) Working Girl type pantsuits
3) Samantha’s 60’s beach babe look- right before she chucked those cantelopes through a plate glass window. :)
I can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks of the film- anyone else going tonight??
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.