Get the Look: A Modern/ Traditional Dining Room
I had torn out this picture from a past issue of House & Home of Maxime Vandal and Richard Ouellette’s home (the duo behind the design firm Les Ensembeliers) a couple months ago. I came across it again yesterday and still marvel at the blend of simplicity and bold statements. I adore the use of oversize art and the use of a modern patterned fabric on vintage chairs. I think a space like this is one that anyone can easily make a reality in their own home, so I went about re-creating this look for you!
1. A HUGE abstract print from Z. Gallerie fills a large blank wall.
2. A large white drum pendant can be dressed up to look like the one in the picture by applying leather tape trim (see #5) to the top and bottom edges with a hot glue gun!
3. Simple back tab drapes looks crisp and simple flanking a window, and no need for rings!
4. A clean lined pedestal table.
6. An arrangement of orange and coral flowers (like these orange tulips) really pop against the navy and blue art.
7. My favorite brass rods from West Elm are back in stock.
8. Look on Etsy for sets of vintage chairs with interesting backs, like this set!
9. Navy printed zebra burlap is modern yet country and only $6 a yard!
10. Keep the walls a creamy white, like Ralph Lauren’s Tibetan Jasmine (the white all their stores are painted, apparently!). Painting the floors white as well make for a particularly fetching backdrop to the wood chairs and tables. If a white floor is not in the cards I’d stick with a light colored, neutral rug like this one.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.