Way back in March, I made the decision to renovate my home office. After posting here, about some simple, all-white Swedish inspired design, I was thoroughly inspired and set off on my journey.
My main goals were to:
- Add some architectural detail through molding – complete
- Paint the walls a flat white – complete
- Hang some new bamboo blinds and floor length white curtains – complete
- Recover the slipper chair – complete
- Paint the bookshelf and file cabinet (white, of course) – complete
- Do something with the old bi-fold doors (replace, or refinish, or who knows) – not complete
- Replace the light fixture – complete
- Rearrange furniture – complete
It took me a good five months to accomplish all of this, and there is still other things I will build on, and improve upon (and always will be). For instance, after finding this amazing deal at a local garage sale, the finished piece will make its way into the room. After seeing Emily Henderson’s bi-fold door project, I definitely want to complete mine.
I love the way it turned out and I’m glad that I took my time to add all the details I wanted to include. I used Valspar Bistro White in flat because old uneven walls shouldn’t get a sheen, or you’ll notice every single bump!
The molding was actually one of the easier parts, and the painting was the most time-consuming (1 coat of primer and 3 coats of paint – urg!) but it was worth it.
How do you feel? Does the room reflect the original post? Do you like the way it turned out? Let me know!
Have a FABULOUS Monday!