House Envy: Modernized Barn House
I love barnhouses. Actually, love doesn’t even cover it. I am infatuated with barn houses. I always talk about my imaginary house that I am one day building which will be the most amazing barn home. I can wait. Until that time, however, I will just continue in extreme envy to stalk barn houses that are on the market and imagine my life in them.
This particular stunner is a 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom authentic barn home (complete with it’s own silo). It boasts vaulted open post and beam architecture and expansive wood and slate floors – all for $1,225,800.
* I don’t know what is in that silo, but whatever it is… I want it.
* a beautiful and casually understated entry adds to the comfortable, down-to-earth aesthetic.
* the patio and gardens show some neglect… maybe I can negotiate the price down based on this point…
* a double sided stone fireplace anchors the room, but its dramatic chimney leads your eye up to the soaring ceilings.
* a wall of windows and french doors leads out to the garden. I can see myself putting a comfortable hearth room for indoor/outdoor entertaining here.
* this custom kitchen is a bit traditional for my taste, but it does has a lot of great rustic influence. The center island is covered in a rich patina copper.
* hello bonus room! Maybe a good spot for a media room or man cove? (** side note, I decided during my recent visit to Nashville, that man caves which don’t have 4 walls to block out the manliness can not be completely mansformed, due to their impact on the rest of the home design, and should hereby be man coves, not man caves.)
* My master bedroom! The bed is clearly meant to be put on the log wall with high windows. I think if I had this house, I would put a bed in the very center of the room, looking out the french doors. I would but a low console or bookcase behind the bed with a couple lamps. This would help to ease the transition from the back of the headboard to the rest of the room.
* beautiful rustic bathroom with all-over subway tile. I’m also a big fan of windows in showers. They allow so much great natural light, which is often missing in bathrooms.
* breathtaking! I’m not sure where this is located in the house, but this is where I’ll be if you can’t find me…
* all photos from Realtor website
How do you guys feel about this house? Do you love it as much as I do? What is your favorite feature?
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.